Relax, I’m not breaking up with you. I’m reminding you of what this website is all about. It isn’t about a dietitian, it’s about hundreds of people being helped by a dietitian. Getting their questions answered, learning the facts behind the media hype, and hopefully being inspired to make some nutritious meals for themselves and their families. This is place to come find tips, tools and recipes to help YOU be as healthy and vibrant as possible.
So for YOU my readers, I’m excited to announce another way to help support your journey in the nutritious life. I’ve been selected by OpenSky to host an online store recommending products which are consistent with AskGeorgie’s philosophy on nutrition, fitness, and life. OpenSky is changing how people shop, and I am stoked to be a part of the launch. It’s like having a expert as your personal guide, no more being barraged by slickly-marketed products, having no idea about how good they actually are. Ever wanted to go food shopping with a dietitian, or have one help make suggestions for your kitchen? Now you can. And it’s online, you don’t have to even put on pants.
Unlike going to a mass retailer, you can browse the AskGeorgie OpenSky store and:
1. See only items hand-selected by a Registered Dietitian and Personal Trainer for excellent nutrition and health.
2. Get exactly the ingredients I use in my recipes, for the most delicious, fool-proof results.
3. See my most-beloved kitchen tools and gadgets. Even though I cook with a passion, I live on a budget and have a small kitchen, so my standards for food prep tools are lofty. I don’t buy a lot of cookware or kitchen tools, so what I have better earn its keep and contribute to healthy living.
4. Benefit from my years of taste-testing thousands of health-oriented food products, so you don’t have to try them all! (If I had a nickel for every “diet”, gluten-free or dairy-free product I bought but couldn’t manage to choke down…..)
5. Save some time scanning labels for trans fats. In my store: No hydrogenated oils. Ever.
6. Speak Up and impact the store! Tell me about products you want to try but can’t get in your neck of the woods, or suggest a product that you love and think others might want to see in my OpenSky store. Recently, I’ve heard from readers about hankerings for things ranging from low-carb tortillas to bacon-flavored salt. (Yes, I got it, and yes, it’s pretty cool.)
Thanks to the beauty of the internet, even if you live in rural Idaho (you know who you are!) I can help you get your hands on exactly the ingredients you need or crave.
For suppliers out there, if you feel your healthy product is up to snuff and deserves a spot on my store shelves, drop me a line and we’ll talk. And if you still are pining for an in-person grocery tour, I am still offering those too. Pants, however, are required.
So come on in and shop with me at the launch on August 10th!