- 2 ½ pounds cleaned calamari, raw (tubes only, or tubes and tentacles)
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, plus additional for garnish
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (3 cloves)
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced (2 ounces)
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- Slice calamari tubes into rings and cut tentacles into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large saucepan, pour the oil into a small pool and add parsley and garlic. Heat over low-medium heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Spread the mixture around the pan and add the olives, calamari, marinara sauce and anchovy paste. Stir well to blend.
- Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes. Garnish with additional chopped parsley.
Makes 6 servings
Per serving: 239 calories, 5 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 440 mg cholesterol, 14 g total carbohydrate, 3 g dietary fiber, 31 g protein, 375 mg sodium.
Note: I’ve entered this recipe in the Foodbuzz Top 9 competition. If you like the recipe, I’d greatly appreciate your vote. If you have one moment, please stop byand click “buzz it” in the upper right hand corner. Thank you very much for supporting me! – Georgie