Chicken breast in a creamy lime-spiked sauce with poblano chiles and jalapenos. Serve with corn tortillas or use as filling to make fabulous stuffed peppers. Use the largest pan you have for this dish so it all fits!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped (can substitute green bell pepper)
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- ½ large onion
- 1¾ lb chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, cubed
- Hot pepper flakes to taste
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over high heat and cook poblano pepper, jalapeno pepper and onion until soft.
- Add chicken and cook until pieces are firm and no pink color remains.
- Reduce heat to medium and add salt, cilantro, lime juice and cream cheese. Stir until cheese melts.
- Taste and add hot pepper flakes to desired heat. Remove from heat and serve.
Makes 5 servings
Per serving: 254 calories, 8 g total fat, 3 g saturated fat, 5 g total carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 41 g protein
Chile-Lime Chicken Stuffed Poblanos
Slice 5 poblano peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Bake cut side up for 15 minutes in a 400 oven, then remove and fill with prepared Creamy Chile-Lime Chicken. Bake 15 minutes more and serve.
Per serving: 271 calories, 8 g total fat, 3 g saturated fat, 9 g total carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 42 g protein