This recipe is a flavorful but uncomplicated way to break up your protein routine. Getting a bit fatigued of chicken and beef? Try some lean lamb cubes marinated with the bright flavors of lemon, red wine vinegar and oregano. If good lamb isn’t available, or you prefer beef or chicken, feel free to use either of those with the same technique.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (plus additional lemon wedges)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound lean lamb cubes (or beef or chicken)
1. Combine oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper in a large bowl or zip-top bag and mix. Add lamb and stir to coat. Seal bag or cover bowl and refrigerate 8-12 hours.
2. Preheat grill and thread lamb cubes onto skewers. Grill to desired level of doneness.